The high-carat protection for your valuables
You do not have to secure loads of carats in our safe. After all everyone has many different things that he or she holds precious and special. And exactly for these objects our Karat provides security at home. The same applies to cash money, jewelry and important documents. In fact, the security cabinet by BURG-WÄCHTER is extremely robust and provides great resistance against opening by force.
The Karat furniture safe in video
Here is how the Karat is built
The body of the Karat consists of three steel walls. Furthermore the outer surface is produced with especially hard stainless steel. This perfect interplay provides a flame-cutting protection. Especially strong steel is installed in the door. A thick plate of 7 mm SM steel in the double-walled door ensures security. The locking system works with square bolts on three sides. The bolts on the top and on the bottom are protected by an integrated steel roller. All this allows a considerable additional protection against opening by force. For instance against drilling, flame-cutting and breaking-open. A further advantage concerning security: the thermal puncture-proof emergency locking system in front of each bolt.
Protection against fire and theft
In addition to external violence the Karat resists also fire. Thanks to its fire-resistant material (according to DIN 4102-A1) and a surrounding fire-breaking seal in the body, the inside of the safe gets warm only slowly. In this way your documents and files, as well as cash money are protected for a longer time. A security cabinet can be this safe. Moreover burglars can not take it away, thanks to a stable anchoring. For this reason the Karat comes ex works as standard with drilled holes. With the fastening material – delivered with the safe – the Karat can be firmly anchored in a wall or on the floor.
In case of key loss: just reset the lock!
With both safe sizes you can choose between two locking systems. Of course with a mechanical key (model K). Or with the modern electronic locking system „SecuTronic“ (E FP model) for opening by code or by fingerprint. The high security double-bit lock „SecuSafe“ of the Karat safe provides an intelligent advantage. In fact, if you lose one of your keys, you just need to order a new key set and reset the lock to this new set. If someone stole your old key, the safe can not be open any more with it thanks to the resettable lock! Our video shows how it is done.
Modern electronic lock with fingerprint
The modern electronics of the safe „SecuTronic“ TRSE 12 H FP combines security and comfort. In fact, the operating panel provides a sloping touch-sensitive keypad with graphic display. Instead of struggling to find the „on” button, you only need to scrim over the interface. In this way you activate it and turn the two-tone lightings on. Furthermore the sloping display guarantees also an ideal top view. Of course you can freely chose the opening code. An admin code and nine user codes are available. Moreover you can read the opening history directly on the display.
The Karat provides blocking time, opening delay, connection to alarm system
The lock „SecuTronic“ TRSE 12 H FP provides an opening delay (max. 99 minutes). It means: After entering the code the set period of time passes, until the Karat gets open. After entering three wrong codes a blocking time is activated. In this way burglars have no chance to try many codes. Optionally the Karat safe can be connected to the alarm system. All these details increase you security even more!
Authorized for short weapons storage
The safety cabinet is delivered with an adjustable shelf. In this way you can organize your valuables as you wish. Thanks to the slender design the inside can be optimally used. The smaller Karat model MT 24 has an interior volume of 25,8 liters, the bigger model MT 26 reaches 45,3 liters. Both have an elegant and timeless platinum grey finish. Furthermore in the Karat you can also store up to five short weapons, ammunitions included, according to the tightened German weapons law (§36) of July 2017. Thus the security cabinet Karat is a safe and responsible place to store weapons.
At a glance: the BURG-WÄCHTER furniture safe Karat
- Type tested security, supervised by the ECB•S/VdS
- Resistance grade 0 (N)
- Fire-proof, certified protection against burglary according to EN 1143-1
- Fire-resistant material according to DIN 4102-A1, body with surrounding fire-breaking seal
- Triple-walled body, outside material of stainless steel material against flame-cutting
- Double-walled door with additional reinforcement, door plate of 7 millimeters thick SM steel
- Locking system on three sides through strong square bolts, door bolts on the top and on the bottom with integrated steel roller. Thus the safe offers an extreme additional protection against drilling, flame-cutting and breaking-open.
- Protective armoring of the lock
- Ready for anchoring in the back wall and on the floor; a drilled hole in the middle of the backwall and one in the middle of the bottom wall. Fixing material is delivered with the rest. Anchoring ensures high resistance against displacement.
- Continuous support rail on the hinge side
- An adjustable shelf, as deep as a standard file
- Available in two sizes: MT 24 and MT 26
- Finish in platinum grey
Model K (mechanical lock)
- Armored high security double-bit lock „SecuSafe“
- In case of key loss: easy-to-reset lock
- 10 levers, 50 millions locking possibilities
- The key remains trapped in the lock as long as the safe is open
- VdS tested (class 2) and certified according to EN 1300 ECB•S (lock class B)
- Lock armature protrudes 3 mm
Model E FP (electronic lock with fingerprint scanner)
- ECB•S certified (class B)
- Identification of real fingers „Fake Finger Detection“
- Up to 10 six-digit user codes
- Up to 20 fingerprints
- Modern elektronics with graphic display and touch-sensitive interface (with lightings)
- Sloping display for ideal user-friendliness
- Extra security: opening delay individually adjustable (max. 99 minutes)
- Software updates with SD card
- The opening history can be read on the display
- Menu in 12 languages
- Easy batteries change (included in the scope of supply)
- Lock armature protrudes 20 mm
The Karat models at a glance
|Item||Outside H x W x D (mm)||Inside H x W x D (mm)||Door H x W (opening in mm)||Weight (kg)||Capacity (l)||Locking system|
|MT 640 K||340 x 430 x 390||250 x 348 x 294||250 x 336||48,0||25,8||Mechanical lock|
|MT 660 K||530 x 430 x 390||440 x 348 x 294||440 x 336||67,0||45,3||Mechanical lock|
|MT 640 E FP||340 x 430 x 390||250 x 348 x 294||250 x 336||48,0||25,8||Code and fingerprint|
|MT 660 E FP||530 x 430 x 390||440 x 348 x 294||440 x 336||67,0||45,3||Code and fingerprint|
Our safes in comparison
|Furniture safe / Safety cabinets||Pointsafe||Homesafe H 3||Homesafe||CityLine||Combi-Line||Magno||Karat||Diplomat|
|BURG-WÄCHTER Security level|
|Security level / resistance grade||−||A according to VDMA 24992||B according to VDMA 24992||B according to VDMA 24992||B according to VDMA 24992 /
S2 according to DIN EN 14450
|N according to EN 1143-1||N according to EN 1143-1||I according to EN 1143-1|
|Tested fire resistance||−||−||−||−||30 minutes according to EN 15659||−||−||60 minutes according to EN 15659|
|Security dopple-bit lock||−||−||−|
|Adjustable security dopple-bit lock||−||−||−||−||−|
|Electronic combination lock||−||−||−||−||−||−||−|
|Electronic ECB-S / VdS tested combination lock||−|
|Electronic combination lock with fingerprint scanner||−||−||−||−||−||−||−|
|Electronic combination lock with VdS certified fingerprint scanner||−||−||−||−|
|Weapons according to § 36 (1) from 07.07.2017||−||−||−||−||−||max. 5 short weapons ammunitions included||max. 5 short weapons ammunitions included||More than 10 short weapons ammunitions included|
|Possible sum privately insured||*||*||*||*||20.000 €||40.000 €||40.000 €||65.000 €|
|Possible sum trade-insured||−||2.500 €||2.500 €||2.500 €||2.500 €||10.000 €||10.000 €||20.000 €|
Insurance conditions for safes
* Due to the different insurance conditions an assessment with the insurer is required. You reach a higher insurance coverage through the consultation with your insurer.
- All cabinets weighing less than 1.000 kg are equipped with an anchoring system und should be anchored according to the assembly instructions. With each ECB-S/VdS approved container the operating instructions and the assembly instruction are included.
- Due to the clause of key safekeeping and more specifically due to the high risk of key theft we recommend combination locks to insurers. Burg-Wächter presents safes with:
- Mechanical combination lock
- Electronical combination lock
You increase your protection.
Please note that the more reliable your safe is, the more convenient the insurance premium becomes.