Who is the controller for data collection within the Burg-Wächter apps?
The controller for the further processing of the data transmitted to us by Amazon is:
Altenhofer Weg 15
Telefon: +49 (0) 2335 965 30
How do we collect your data?
We collect personal data when you release it to us with your voluntary consent during the installation of the application.
Which data is collected:
For technical reasons, we need to collect and store certain data for uses of the BURGcam app or BURGprotect app.
The following data is required for the successful and trouble-free operation of the app:
• Data from your BURG-WÄCHTER/SANTEC BW product (serial number, IP address, device ID, etc.)
• Camera sensor data (for recording the QR code on our devices for recording these systems and the profile image (optional))
• Personal data (email, tel number, first and last name, contacts with whom you share access (administration)) that you release by filling in the form
• Access to local storage devices (contacts, storage of photos, videos and profile image)
• Access to microphone and loudspeaker (communication with persons in front of the camera or with the other side as well as for sending voice commands through Siri.)
• Location data (Access is required by Google – for devices running on Android – on execution of the command to query the device identifier. We do not collect any data ourselves.)
• WLAN connection information
The following data is therefore necessary for the proper operation of the BURGcam app with remote access (P2P) through the BURGcloud service:
• Intermediate storage of connection data and duration for providing the connection setup and improving the service.
• Storage of the account, device ID and device information and connection data on the BURGcloud server to provide the synchronisation service.
Recorded camera data (photos and videos) are stored locally and remain on your mobile device and will not be transferred or stored to Burg-Wächter/SANTEC BW Server, unless an extended service with additional terms is applied.
When you register the product, you enter personal data (first name, surname and email address and/or telephone number, profile image). They are sent in a single transmission to BURG-WÄCHTER/SANTEC BW in the registration process or update process and saved in order to personalise the account. This serves to safeguard our predominantly legitimate interests in a correct presentation of our offering within the context of a weighing of interests.
You can withdraw your consent to the storage of this data at any time, for example by using the Delete function in the portal.
We collect your data exclusively for specific purposes. They may result from technical necessities or express user preferences.
On what legal basis do we collect your data?
We only store your data for as long as it is necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which it was collected or if storage is required by law.
BURG-WÄCHTER KG and the subsidiary SANTEC BW AG will not forward any of the personal data that is saved to third parties.
What rights do you have with regard to your personal data?
Right of appeal to a regulator
In the event of breaches of the GDPR, the persons concerned have the right to appeal to a regulator, in particular in the Member State of their habitual residence or workplace or the place of the alleged breach. The right of appeal will be without prejudice to other administrative or judicial recourse.
Right to data portability
You have the right to have data which we process automatically on the basis of your consent or in fulfilment of a contract handed over to you or to a third party in a common, machine-readable format. If you request the direct transfer of the data to another controller, this will only be done if it is technically feasible.
Right to information
Within the context of the applicable statutory provisions, you have the right at any time to free information about your stored personal data, their origin and recipient and the purpose of the data processing and, if applicable, a right to correction, blocking or deletion of such data. You can contact us at any time at the address given in the publication details for this and other questions on the subject of personal data.
Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data. You can contact us at any time at the address given in the publication details. The right to limit processing arises in the following cases:
• If you dispute the accuracy of your personal data stored with us, we usually need time to check this. For the duration of the assessment, you have the right to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data.
• If the processing of your personal data has taken place unlawfully, you can demand the restriction of data processing instead of deletion.
• If we no longer need your personal data, but you need it for the exercise, defence or assertion of legal claims, you have the right to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data instead of deletion.
• If you have filed an objection in accordance with Art. 21 para. 1 GDPR, your interests will need to be weighed against ours. As long as it is not yet clear whose interests predominate, you have the right to demand that the processing of your personal data be restricted.
If you have restricted the processing of your personal data, such data may not be processed – apart from its storage – without your consent or for the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending legal rights or protecting the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of an important public interest of the European Union or a Member State.
In this case, however, it is possible that some or all of the functions in the use of the Burg-Wächter skill can no longer be made available to you, since necessary data for this purpose may no longer be processed by us.
Right to object
If the we process personal data as described above in order to safeguard our predominantly legitimate interests in the context of a weighing of interests, you may object to this processing with effect for the future. If the processing is carried out for direct marketing purposes, you may exercise this right at any time as described above. If the processing is carried out for other purposes, you are only entitled to object if there are reasons arising from your particular situation.
After you exercise your right to object, we will no longer process the personal data concerning you for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or unless the processing serves the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
This does not apply if the processing is carried out for the purposes of direct marketing. In that case, we will desist from the further processing of your personal data for this purpose.
Data protection officer
We have appointed the following data protection officers for our company.
If you have any questions on the collection, processing or use of your personal data, on access to, rectification, blocking or erasure of data as well as the withdrawal of any given consent or objection to a specific use of the data, please contact our in-house data protection officers:
Herr René Raumanns, Herr Christian Schosnig
SNS Systems GmbH
Telefon: +49 (0) 6102 7751 500