Data protection declaration – BURGcam and BURGprotect app
We are delighted by your interest in using our mobile web applications. We take the protection of your privacy very seriously. There now follows some detailed information on how we handle your data in the mobile applications BURGcam, BURGcam PRO, BURGcam HD, BURGcam HD Pro app and BURGprotect app.
Data collection and use
The following data is required for the successful and trouble-free operation of the app.
• Data from your BURG-WÄCHTER/SANTEC BW product (serial number, IP address, device ID, etc.)
• Camera sensor data (for recording the QR code on our devices for recording these systems, profile picture (optional))
• Personal data (e-mail, phone number, first and surname, contacts with whom you share access (administration)) that you release via input of a form
• Access to the local devices memory (contacts, photo storage, videos, profile picture)
• Access to microphone and loudspeaker (for communication with persons in front of the camera and/or with the counterpart and to send voice commands via Siri).
• Location data (access is required by Google – for devices under Android – when issuing the device identifier query command. Data will not be collected from us).
• WLAN connection information
Recorded camera data (photos and videos) are stored locally and remain on your mobile device and will not be transmitted to or stored on Burg-Wächter / SANTEC BW Server.
Personal data is required when you register the product (first name, surname and e-mail address and/or telephone number, profile picture). This data is transferred to BURG-WÄCHTER / SANTEC BW one time during the registration process or update process and stored in order to personalise the account. The purpose of this is to safeguard our legitimate interests in the correct presentation of our services as part of a balancing of interests.
You can withdraw your consent to the storage of this data at any time, for example by using the delete function in the portal.
BURG-WÄCHTER KG and the subsidiary SANTEC BW AG will not forward any of the personal data that is saved to third parties.
Use of data for email advertising and your right to object
Furthermore, we reserve the right to save your first and last names and your email address in consolidated lists and to use these for our own advertising purposes, with your consent, e.g. to send you interesting offers and information about our products by email. You can object to the storage and use of your data for these purposes at any time by sending a message to the contact options shown below.
Contact possibilities and your rights
You have the following rights as the data subject:
- pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR, the right to demand information about the personal data we process to the extent described therein;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, the right to demand the rectification of incorrect or to demand the completion of the personal data we have saved;
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, the right to demand the erasure of the personal data we have saved, provided its further processing is not necessary
– for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information;
– for compliance with a legal obligation;
– for reasons of public interest, or
– for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR; the right to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data if
– you contest the accuracy of the personal data;
– the processing is unlawful, but you oppose the erasure of the personal data;
– we no longer need the data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or
– you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, the right to receive the personal data which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or to demand that the data be transmitted to another controller;
- pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. You can usually contact the supervisory authority at your habitual residence or place of work or our company domicile.
If you have any questions on the collection, processing or use of your personal data, on access to, rectification, blocking or erasure of data as well as the withdrawal of any given consent or objection to a specific use of the data, please contact our in-house data protection officer:
Rene Raumanns – SNS Systems GmbH
Tel.: +49 (0) 61027751500
Right to object
If we process personal data in the manner mentioned above to safeguard our overriding legitimate interests within the scope of a balancing of interests, you can object to this processing with effect for the future. If processing is for the purpose of direct marketing, you can exercise this right at any time as described above. If the processing is for other purposes, you only have right to object for reasons arising from your particular situation.
After you exercise your right to object, we will no longer process the personal data concerning you for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or unless the processing serves the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
This does not apply if processing is for the purpose of direct marketing. In this case, we will no longer process your data for this purpose.